The International School Grounds Alliance (ISGA) is a global network of organizations and professionals working to enrich children’s learning and play by improving the way school grounds are designed and used. The wellbeing of children and the ecological diversity of their learning landscapes are intrinsically linked. The ISGA aims to support all schools in making the most of the opportunities excellent school grounds afford.
2013 ISGA ConferenceWe are very pleased to announce that the next ISGA conference will be hosted by Evergreen in beautiful Toronto, Ontario, Canada from September 23-25, 2013! Please mark your calendar and save the date! For more information about the 2013 conference, please follow this link.
2013 International School Grounds Month
Join us in celebrating school grounds around the world with ISGA's first annual International School Grounds Month in May 2013! Follow this link for more information and to see:
- a selection of activities from around the world you might try at your own school,
- a poster to share the message,
- a form to register your project and share your work,
- an International School Ground Month press-release promote your school ground projects and celebrations, and
- a sample letter to send to your local politician to tell them how important your grounds are to you.
As a result of our September 2011 conference held in the San Francisco Bay Area, a collaborative video was made. This short film entitled, "Voices from the International School Grounds Movement - California, 2011", may be viewed here. It includes interviews with leaders in the school ground movement in seven countries, and photographs of some of their loveliest school grounds in action.